Saturday, May 5, 2012

MBFWA

photos by me

My first, and hopefully not last, fashion week was insane. Years of reading about it and living vicariously through other bloggers' photos have got nothing on the real thing. Conclusions I have made since:
  1. Must wear more comfortable shoes next year so that feet are not completely annihilated. Red, numb, blistered, sore - you name it, I've got it.
  2. Need to get my hands on one of the kahlo dresses. I've got my eyes on a white leather one with little collar. Never thought I would see the day when I was attracted to white leather but the girls at kahlo somehow did it perfectly.
  3. The amount of star-struck I was is probably extremely uncool. Had a nice view of Phil Oh and Susie Bubble sitting opposite me in the front row during the Innovators, where Akira gave a short speech, no.big.deal. 
  4. Jenny Kee was the best thing ever.
  5. Still obsessing over anything metallic, like the gold skirt in photo 5 by Kristi Rose and the dress version, which is kind of great too. Also, this Michael Lo Sordo dress is taking up a lot of space in my brain. 
  6. My final conclusion is that I am deeply saddened to return to the monotony of the normal life of a 16 year old, including great activities such as writing my history essay on the impact of World War I on Russia and avoiding confrontation with angry librarians chasing me up on books that were due in February. Oh the glamorous and enviable life of a teenager. 

5 comments: